The Roverella Polyptych is considered as one of Tura's most important work. Originally it was located in the church of San Giorgio fuori le Mura in Ferrara where it was partially destroyed by a bomb in 1709. It was commissioned by Lorenzo Roverella, bishop of Ferrara.According to the most accepted version of reconstruction the Madonna Enthroned constituted the central panel, this fragment showing St George belonged to the left panel, while on the right a panel representing Niccolo Roverella with two saints was located. On top of the altarpiece there was a Pietà. Below, on the predella there were seven tondos four of which are lost.This is one of the three remaining tondos, the other two are the Adoration of Magi and the Flight to Egypt.